US EPA to Hold Virtual Environmental Modeling Public Meeting
On Aug. 5, 2020, EPA will virtually hold its annual Environmental Modeling Public Meeting (EMPM). The EMPM is a public forum for EPA, pesticide registrants, and other stakeholders to discuss issues related to modeling pesticide fate, transport and exposure for pesticide risk assessments in a regulatory context. This meeting offers a forum for presentations on the Drinking Water Assessment Improvements for Surface Water Exposure.
The meeting will focus on:
- New scenario development for the Pesticide in Water Calculator (PWC)
- New methodology for incorporating percent cropped area (PCA) into refined drinking water assessments
- New methodology for incorporating percent crop treated (PCT) into refined drinking water assessments
- Automation tools developed for applying new methodologies
- The drinking water assessment framework
The meeting will be held from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT. Registration is required. To attend or participate, please contact [email protected] by July 29, 2020. Submit abstracts by July 3, 2020.
More information can be found at www.regulations.gov in docket number EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0879.
SOURCE: US EPA Newsletter (5.6.2020)