Following up on the December 2019 action finalizing the next 20 chemicals to undergo risk evaluation under TSCA and an informational call held in December 2019, EPA is publishing a preliminary list of manufacturers and importers of these chemicals to help determine the appropriate division of fees for these upcoming risk evaluations. Under the Fees for the Administration of the Toxic Substances Control Act Rule (TSCA fees rule), businesses that manufacture or import chemicals undergoing risk evaluation under TSCA section 6 are responsible for paying the fee associated with EPA-initiated risk evaluations.
The list is available for comment until March 27, 2020, in docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2019-0677. All manufacturers and importers of these 20 high-priority chemicals must now report to EPA during the 60-day comment period and identify whether they are still actively involved in the manufacture and/or import of these chemicals. This is also an opportunity for those businesses to certify as a “small business concern” and receive a reduced fee, or to make certain other certifications and avoid fee obligations.
EPA developed this preliminary list of manufacturers and importers using using information from the Chemical Data Reporting and Toxics Release Inventory databases. Based on information received from manufacturers and importers, and any additional public comment received, EPA will develop a final list. EPA expects this final list to be published concurrently with release of the risk evaluation scope documents in June 2020. Businesses included on the final list will be responsible for paying a portion of the fee associated that risk evaluation. The amount each entity is responsible for will vary depending on the total number of fee payers identified, and the number of small v. non-small businesses. Fee payments will be due no later than 120 days following publication of the risk evaluation scope documents.
The preliminary list of the manufacturers/importers, information on reporting during the public comment period, and general information on TSCA fees can be found at https://www.epa.gov/tsca-fees.
SOURCE: US EPA Newsletter 27.1.2020
List of Next 20 Chemicals
3. trans-1,2- dichloroethylene
8. Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) (1,2-Benzene- dicarboxylic acid, 1,2- dibutyl ester)
9. Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) - 1,2-Benzene- dicarboxylic acid, 1- butyl 2(phenylmethyl) ester
10. Di-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) - (1,2-Benzene- dicarboxylic acid, 1,2- bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester)
11. Di-isobutyl phthalate (DIBP) - (1,2-Benzene- dicarboxylic acid, 1,2- bis-(2methylpropyl) ester)
12. Dicyclohexyl phthalate
13. 4,4'-(1-Methylethylidene)bis[2, 6-dibromophenol] (TBBPA)
14. Tris(2-chloroethyl) phosphate (TCEP)
15. Phosphoric acid, triphenyl ester (TPP)
16. Ethylene dibromide
18. 1,3,4,6,7,8-Hexahydro-4,6,6,7,8,8-hexamethylcyclopenta [g]-2-benzopyran (HHCB)
20. Phthalic anhydride