Revision of the REACH Regulation to help achieve a toxic-free environment | Inception Impact Assessment
The European Green Deal sets out the ambition to reach zero pollution for a toxic-free environment.
As part of this ambition, the chemicals strategy for sustainability announces actions to better protect people and the environment against hazardous chemicals and to encourage innovation to develop safe and sustainable alternatives.
Achieving these goals requires revising the rules governing the registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals in the EU.
According tot the European Commission Inception Impact Assessment, the following aspects will be considered in the revision process:
- Revision of the registration requirements
- Introduction of a Mixtures Assessment Factor
- Simplifying communication in the supply chains:
- Reforming the authorisation process:
- Reforming the restriction process
- Revision of provisions for control and enforcement
Link to the EU Commission Inception Impact Assessment