Takehome: China’s mandatory national standard of cosmetic general labelling is under revision with the goal of aligning the standard with current industry practices and with international standards.
On Dec. 25, China General Administration of Quality Supervision opened public consultation on the proposal to update GB 5296.3 Instruction for Use of Consumer Products: General Labeling for Cosmetics. Any suggestions or comments can be sent back prior to 25 January 2019.
1. To add mandatory geographical origin labelling
2. To exempt small packages from the labeling requirements such as increasing label area
3. To delete the relevant contents of the hygiene license
4. To add the contents that must be labeled for primary packaging
5. Other requirements that can be added after discussion
CONTINUE READING ON cosmetic.chemlinked.com