Korea, Republic of | Draft partial amendment of the 'Enforcement Rule of the Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemicals' (7 page(s), in Korean)
Title of document
Draft partial amendment of the 'Enforcement Rule of the Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemicals' (7 page(s), in Korean)
Title of Law: “Enforcement Rule of the Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemicals”
- Major Contents:
A. Designation of candidate substance for substance subject to permission (Article 34-2, newly added)
1) When designating candidate(s) of substance(s) subject to permission, the Ministry of Environment (ME) selects the candidate substance(s) based on the priority. The priority is set by considering comprehensively the chemical substance’s hazard whether it meets the standard of “MOE Public Notice on Substance subject to Intensive Control” or not, its total amount distributed in Korea, and the scope of its users as well as whether foreign government or international organization regulates the chemical substance or not.
B. Data requirements for chemical substance manufactured or imported equal to or more than 0.1 ton but less than one ton per year (Attachment 1, revised)
1) When a chemical substance is manufactured or imported equal to or more than 0.1 ton but less than one ton per year, it is allowed to waive environmental hazard data from data requirements for registration if the chemical substance’s water solubility is less than 1mg/l or if the chemical substance is used as intermediate or process regulator.
C. Application for exemption confirmation from notification of R&D substance (Attachment 5, revised)
1) When a chemical substance is intended to import for R&D purpose, and its estimated annual importing amount is less than 100kg, overseas manufacturer or producer may not provide the chemical substance’s name and identity number (e.g. CAS number) by insisting such information as CBI. In this case, it is allowed not to specify the chemical substance’s name and identify number on an application form for exemption confirmation from notification of chemical substance if the chemical substance’s SDS is submitted with the application form.
Notifying member: Korea, Republic of
Protection of human health or safety; Harmonization
Harmonization with the higher law
Ministry of Environment
- Submission: 17/02/2022
- Reception: 17/02/2022
- Distribution: 18/02/2022
- Final date for comments: 19/04/2022
- Proposed date of adoption: N/A