5 ways the United Kingdom is leading the fight against plastic pollution
We’re only two months into 2018, but this year has already seen a number of concrete steps to combat plastic pollution in the United Kingdom. Changing public opinion, along with new restrictions on sending plastics to China (which previously took in 66 per cent of the UK’s plastic waste), have forced businesses and government bodies to reconsider traditional strategies for dealing with discarded plastic.
1. Queen Elizabeth bans disposable plastic
2. Restaurants ditch plastic straws
3. Scotland announces nationwide bans
4. The UK says no to microbeads
5. Supermarkets go plastic free
MORE INFO ON www.unenvironment.org