Korea | Revision of “Regulation on Substantiation of Claims in Labeling or Advertising of Cosmetic Products” (7 page(s), in Korean)
Title of document
Revision of “Regulation on Substantiation of Claims in Labeling or Advertising of Cosmetic Products” (7 page(s), in Korean)
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of the Republic of Korea is partly revising the “Regulation on Substantiation of Claims in Labeling or Advertising of Cosmetic Products” (Public Notice issued by the MFDS) as the following:
– This Public Notice aims to stipulate the documentation of side effects and the treatments for the side effects in the substantiation of claims in cosmetic labelling or advertising compensation.
– Even before the revision, responsible cosmetic distribution businesses were required to obtain informed consents from test subjects in written form in order to substantiate the advertised claims. The regulation has set forth that the consent documents should provide potential side effects observed in subjects, treatments for side effects and compensations available in case of injury, among others. Thus, the obligation to substantiate matters related to the treatment of side effects and compensations for subjects remains the same as before.
– The revision does not impose any new obligation to treat side effects or provide compensation, but simply prescribes that the documentation of side effects is necessary.
Notifying member: Korea, Republic of
Protection of human health or safety
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- Submission: 01/09/2020
- Reception: 01/09/2020
- Distribution: 01/09/2020
- Final date for comments: 31/10/2020
- Proposed date of adoption: N/A