Korea | Proposed “Regulation on Review for Establishment and Adjustment of Standards for Usage of Cosmetic Ingredients"
Title of document
Proposed Notification of “Regulation on Review for Establishment and Adjustment of Standards for Usage of Cosmetic Ingredients" (13 page(s), in Korean)
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of the Republic of Korea is enacting the “Regulation on Review for Establishment and Adjustment of Standards for Usage of Cosmetic Ingredients” as the following:
– (Purposes) In accordance with the implementation of a policy that designates cosmetic ingredients with usage restrictions (e.g. preservatives, sunscreens, colorants), the proposed regulation stipulates requirements for dossiers that cosmetic manufacturers or responsible sellers shall submit.
– The proposed regulation requires filing of dossiers including the information on the properties of an ingredient, usage status in or outside the country, the safety and efficacy data, etc.
– The regulation prescribes that safety data shall contain results from eleven types of tests, including skin irritation test, toxicological test, etc. (The submission of data may be exempted, where a justifiable reason exists.) Efficacy data shall contain evidence demonstrating the effectiveness of the submitted ingredient (e.g. preservative efficacy tests results, etc.).
Notifying member: Korea, Republic of
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- Submission: 25/05/2020
- Reception: 25/05/2020
- Distribution: 27/05/2020
- Final date for comments: 25/07/2020
- Proposed date of adoption: N/A