Your questions answered: What are our reporting obligations for hazardous materials?

Your substances


This news contains references also to other Substances

What are our reporting obligations to SafeWork NSW and/or the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) in relation to hazardous materials and substances (e.g. lead and hydrocarbons) found at our workplace?

Chapter 7 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (NSW) (Regulations) sets out your general health and safety obligations for the use, handling and storage of hazardous chemicals, including lead. You will only be required to notify the regulator regarding hazardous chemicals in the workplace in limited instances (see below). The reporting obligations do not relate directly to the ‘removal’ of hazardous chemicals, but the handling for removal may trigger reporting obligations.

Hazardous Chemicals - The Regulations require a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) to notify the regulator in writing if it uses, stores or handles [...]



Related News