- November 7, 2022
Basel Convention | 23 to 25 November 2022 | 3rd meeting of the Basel Convention Plastic Waste Partnership working group
Highlights: The third meeting of the Plastic Waste Partnership working group is being organized in collaboration with the Basel and Stockholm conventions Regional Centre located in Uruguay (BCCC-SCRC Uruguay). Generous financial support has kindly been provided by the European Union and Norway.
Meeting objectives: The third meeting of the working group, being held back-to-back with the first session of the Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee to develop an international legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, will be an opportunity for the group to take stock of the developments in its project groups and to plan for upcoming activities. Specifically, the meeting is expected to:
CONTINUE READING ON: www.basel.int
- discuss working modalities of the PWP, including the membership and financial arrangements;
- receive updates on key developments of relevance to the work of the PWP;
- track progress in the implementation of project group workplans and consider available outputs;
- consider a report on the PWP pilot project programme;
- develop the PWP working group workplan for the biennium 2024-25;
- discuss activities that can promote working group cooperation and coordination.