- October 17, 2020
SCCS - Minutes of the Working Group Meeting on Nanomaterials in Cosmetic Products of 7 October 2020 | Copper, Gold, Platinum, Hydroxyapatite
The minutes of the Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS) WG on Nanomaterials in Cosmetic Products contain the following:
2.1. New mandates
Draft mandate on HAA299 nano II (UV filter Bis-(Diethylaminohydroxybenzoyl
Benzoyl) Piperazine (nano)). Adopted by the WG. New mandate will be presented
at the next SCCS plenary meeting for adoption by the SCCS.
2.2 Draft opinions discussed
● Preliminary ‘Scientific advice on the safety of nanomaterials in cosmetics’ has
been adopted by the SCCS by written procedure on 5 October and published for
commenting period (open for comments until 2 November):
● Opinion on Hydroxyapatite (nano) – submission II. Opinion was discussed and
will be finalised for adoption at the next SCCS plenary meeting.
● Opinion on Copper (nano) and Colloidal Copper (nano). Opinion was discussed
and will be finalised for adoption at the next SCCS plenary meeting.
● Opinion on Gold/colloidal gold and surface modified gold. Deadline for the
Applicants to reply to the SCCS was 30 June 2020. New data are expected from
the Applicants at later date as laboratories were closed due to COVID pandemic.
Legal deadline to draft the scientific opinion is therefore prolonged by the end of
October. Opinion will be further discussed at the next meeting.
● Opinion on Platinum/colloidal platinum. A letter to the Applicants requesting
further information was sent. Deadline to reply was set to 15 October 2020.
CONTINUE READING ON ec.europa.eu