Title of document
Proposed draft of “Regulation on Designation, etc. of Substances subject to Permission” under the Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemicals (12 page(s), in Korean)
Title of Law: Proposed draft of “Regulation on Designation, etc. of Substances subject to Permission”
A. How to designate candidate substance(s) for substance(s) subject to permission (Article 3 & Attachment 1)
1) The Ministry of Environment (ME) sets the method to select candidate substance(s) for substance(s) subject to permission, given each candidate substance’s hazard whether it meets the standard of “MOE Public Notice on Substance subject to Intensive Control” or not, total amount distributed in Korea, the scope of its users, and relevant overseas regulations.
B. Public consultation for each candidate substance (Article 3 to 5 & Attachment 2)
1) ME publishes each candidate substance’s name, distributed amount, relevant overseas regulations and the period of public consultation beforehand. Then, ME conducts detailed survey on distribution of the candidate substance and reviews its risk, and makes the results available to the public, and carries out a consultation regarding hazards, specific uses, and alternative substances and technologies, and so forth.
C. Discussion with manufacturer, importer, user, etc. (Article 6 & Article 7)
1) Based on the results of the public consultation about each candidate substance, ME sets the priority of candidate substances to designate substances subject to permission. Then, ME discusses with manufacturers, importers and (downstream) users according to the priority in order to determine which use will be exempted from permission, how long the grace period of permission will be, and so on.
D. Procedure for designating and publicly announcing substance(s) subject to permission (Article 8 & Article 10)
1) ME establishes and informs its plan for designating substance(s) subject to permission. Then, ME designates and publicly announces substance(s) subject to permission after the deliberation of the Chemicals Evaluation Committee.
E. Data protection, etc. (Article 9, Article 11, and Article 12)
1) ME prohibits disclosure of confidential business information (CBI) that may happen when reviewing the submitted data in the process of designating candidate substance(s) and substance(s) subject to permission.
Notifying member: Korea, Republic of
Protection of human health or safety; Harmonization
Harmonization with the higher law (Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemicals)
Ministry of Environment
- Submission: 17/02/2022
- Reception: 17/02/2022
- Distribution: 18/02/2022
- Final date for comments: 19/04/2022
- Proposed date of adoption: N/A