1 The following definitions apply in these Regulations.
- means the Tobacco and Vaping Products Act. (Loi)
- vaping substance
- has the meaning assigned by paragraph (d) of the definition vaping product in section 2 of the Act. (substance de vapotage)
Retail sale — vaping products
2 (1) These Regulations apply to every vaping product that is intended for retail sale in Canada, as well as to its packaging.
Vaping products — otherwise furnished
(2) These Regulations also apply to every vaping product that is intended to be otherwise furnished, in Canada, at a point of sale that is a retail establishment where vaping products are ordinarily sold, as well as to the packaging of such a vaping product.
3 These Regulations do not apply to a vaping product that is the subject of an authorization, including a licence, issued under the Food and Drugs Act authorizing its sale.
Standard — maximum nicotine concentration
4 (1) For the purposes of section 7.2 of the Act, a vaping product must not contain nicotine in a concentration that exceeds 20 mg/mL when the vaping substance is tested using the International Organization for Standardization standard ISO 20714, entitled E-liquid — Determination of nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol in liquids used in electronic nicotine delivery devices — Gas chromatographic method, as amended from time to time.
Conversion of units of measure
(2) The nicotine concentration expressed in mg/mL must be obtained by multiplying the results of the test conducted in accordance with ISO 20714, expressed in mg/g, by the density of the vaping substance, expressed in g/mL.
Interpretation — vaping substance
(3) For the purposes of these Regulations, a reference to “e-liquid” in ISO 20714 must be read as a reference to “vaping substance”.
Prohibitions — packaging and sale
5 For the purposes of section 30.45 of the Act, a vaping product must not be packaged or sold in a package that displays a nicotine concentration statement, referred to in section 5 of the Vaping Products Labelling and Packaging Regulations, that indicates that the nicotine concentration in the vaping substance exceeds 20 mg/mL.
CONTINUE READING ON gazette.gc.ca